Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentine

Usually by this time of night, if i am alone on valentines i am super depressed by this point. Instead this year, i got the greatest gift. This year i am babysitting a child who i didn't really want to watch. I mean he is sweet and all, but i just wanted to have other plans tonight. His parents happen to be the nicest people ever and really good friends to my aunt, so alas i am here. Normally i would be even more frustrated by that fact, but this year i got the best valentine's present, a slap in the face from God. It was exactly what i needed too. Through a series of life events occurring over the past 2-3 weeks, i have become obviously aware of how sickeningly undeserving i am of God's perfect and continually unfailing love. I have also become unforgettably and painfully aware that i need it more than anything...and i am willing to let Him love me. i need Him, i only need Him. Anyhow, all of that to say, that i am content to just be here, even though it is valentines bc i know that God has not and will not forget about me. He made me and knows exactly what i need to make it and to glorify Him and He is faithful to provide. AND He doesn't care how i am when i come to Him, He just wants me to come home! so here i come...

and just when i think that it couldn't be any better, he may have just surprised me again, but i guess only time will tell on that one... i'll keep you posted if anything comes of it.

1 comment: